Do you struggle with not getting a good night’s sleep on a regular basis? Do you get sweaty or fidgety because you are not cool or comfortable enough? Perhaps you wake up in the middle of the night feeling unsupported or with a headache or migraine? If you are like me and are not satisfied with the quality of your sleep, then you may a pillow to augment your current pillow- a support pillow with a cooling pad may be just what you need to enjoy sleeping again.
The Chillow Pillow has transformed my sleep by keeping me at a more comfortable temperature from dusk till dawn, and it could do the same for you too. Check out my Chillow Pillow review to see if it could help keep you cool and get a better quality of sleep.
What is the Chillow Pillow?
The Chillow Pillow isn’t actually a replacement for your current pillow, rather, the Chillow Pillow is meant to complement your current pillow. All you have to do is simply slip the Chillow Pillow under, into or on top of your normal pillow and it provides instant extra comfort and cooling. It adds a cradling comfort to your existing pillow to provide more support as well.
What exactly is the Chillow Pillow? It is actually a natural water cool gel pillow which cools your body to ensure that you are at a comfortable temperature. The Chillow Pillow also helps to provide quick relief from flu or flu like symptoms, headaches, hot flashes, sunburn or sunstroke by working to ensure your body temperature gets to and remains at an optimal temperature.
Features & Benefits
1. Sleeps Cool: If you are someone who tends to overheat or sweat during the night and are not getting a good night’s sleep on a regular basis as a result, then you need a pillow that has specific cooling features to keep you cool. The Chillow Pillow does just this, by using a natural water cool gel system that cools down your body temperature, keeping you at a comfortable temperature all night long.
2. Easy to Use: The Chillow Pillow is very lightweight, easy to transport and easy to use. It simply slips on top, under or into your existing pillow and that is literally it! Easy as pie.
3. Extra Comfort: If perhaps you are happy with the support of your current pillow but think it could be a little more comfortable, then the Chillow Pillow is your answer! Maintain the support of your current pillow but add a good degree of comfort by sliding the Chillow Pillow beneath it. You will instantly feel the comfort it provides.
Things to Consider before buying the Chillow Pillow
Before jumping in head first and ordering your Chillow Pillow, there are a few things you need to take into consideration before you can determine whether this pillow is going to be a good option for you.
Who is it for?
If you overheat, sweat or get too hot whilst you sleep, or if you are otherwise happy with your current pillow but feel you need added comfort, then the Chillow Pillow may be the right option for you.
Who is it not for?
If you are looking for a totally new pillow that will add a significant amount of support or totally transform your sleeping experience, then this may not be the right option for you. Although it does add support, comfort and cooling, it will not wholly replace your pillow.
Things to think about before buying a Chillow Pillow
1. Firmness: The Chillow Pillow is soft, yet supportive. It adds a level of softness and comfort that may not have existed previously.
2. Loft Height: The Chillow Pillow is very thin and should not be used as a pillow on its own. It will not give you the support you need if it is not used in conjunction with your current pillow.
3. Sleeping Cool: This pillow is great to add coolness to your night. You can use it cloth-side up on top of your pillow for a cool sleep, shiny side up inside your pillow for a cooler sleep, shiny side up on your pillow for an even cooler sleep, or use it after it has been in the fridge for 15-30 mins for maximum coolness.
4. Support: The Chillow Pillow adds additional support to your current pillow, but will not be supportive if used alone.
What alternatives are there to the Chillow Pillow?
If perhaps the Chillow Pillow we have suggested isn’t quite the right option for you, then here are some alternatives:
1. Kingstar Cooling Pillow
Similar to the Chillow Pillow, this pillow is easy to carry and easy to transport due to it being lightweight and small in size (11 x 22”). It is also soft on the skin and comfortable beneath your head. Additionally, it reduces the likeliness of headaches or migraines, sunburn, neck pain and hot sweats during the night. And of course, it helps to keep you cool at night due to its high efficiency cooling process.
Unlike the Chillow Pillow, the Kingstar Cooling Pillow does not use water for the filling. Instead it uses a non-leaking gel which is cooled when you put the whole pillow into the fridge. Also, the Kingstar Cooling Pillow works best for the first 3 – 4 hours, unlike the Chillow Pillow which keeps you cool for longer.
Comparison to the Chillow Pillow:
- A few dollars more expensive ($15.49 vs $19.99)
- Uses non-leak gel rather than water inside
- Coolness lasts 3-4 hours
2. Sleep Masters Cooling Pillow
This pillow is soft and comfortable beneath your head, and is also lightweight and easy to transport or carry. Like the Chillow Pillow, the cooling features of this pillow helps to reduce symptoms of flu, fever and hot flashes, as well as headaches, migraines and overheating. It is also great for all sleeping positions, as is the Chillow Pillow, and is supportive no matter how you sleep.
Aso, like the Chillow Pillow, the Sleep Masters Cooling Pillow enables you to enjoy a cooler night’s sleep. The cooling gel in the pad absorbs your heat and disperses it to keep you cooler for the whole night. However, unlike the Chillow Pillow, the Sleep Masters Cooling Pillow uses a gel filling rather than water, which can stay cooler for longer and has no chance of leaking out. Also, unlike the Chillow Pillow, the Sleep Masters Cooling Pillow doesn’t need to be refrigerated in order to stay cool.
Comparison to the Chillow Pillow:
- Lightweight but heavier than the Chillow Pillow (2 pounds vs 0.5 pounds)
- More expensive ($27.99)
- No need to refrigerate
- Uses gel instead of water to keep you cool
3. Hankey Double Sided Memory Foam Pillow
The Hankey Double Sided Memory Foam Pillow is super comfortable, very supportive and reduces pain or pressure in key areas such as your neck, back and shoulders. Similar to the Chillow Pillow, the Hankey Double Sided Memory Foam Pillow works to keep you cool and comfortable throughout the night.
It works by having one side that is made from a cooling gel that absorbs and dissipates the heat to cool you down. It has a medium firmness which offers great comfort whilst also providing a good amount of support, which helps to reduce tension or pain and relieve pressure in your neck, back and shoulders.
Unlike the Chillow Pillow, this pillow is a pillow and a cooling pad in one, rather than just a cooling pad. It also remains cool and does not need to be put in the refrigerator to stay cool. Also, unlike the Chillow Pillow, this pillow has one side that has no cooling feature, which makes it better for use in the winter or on a cooler night.
Comparison to the Chillow Pillow:
- This product comes as a pillow with a cooling gel pad within it
- More expensive than the Chillow Pillow
- Has a warmer side for cooler nights
- Uses gel instead of water
To sum it up, if you are struggling with a bad night’s sleep on a regular basis due to being too hot or waking up sweating, or if you find your current pillow okay but want a bit more comfort or support, then you need to take matters into your own hands. Lack of sleep can ultimately lead to both physical and mental issues.
If the aforementioned problems resonate with you, then the Chillow Pillow could be exactly what you need. It has super cooling features, whilst also adding support and comfort, and is very affordable.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the Chillow Pillow?
- 2 Features & Benefits
- 3 Things to Consider before buying the Chillow Pillow
- 4 Things to think about before buying a Chillow Pillow
- 5 What alternatives are there to the Chillow Pillow?
- 6 Conclusion